Voltage optimization is a technique used to manage and regulate the level of electrical voltage that is supplied your businesses. To understand it clearly we break it down into 5 simple points:
1. What is Voltage?
Voltage is the force that pushes electrical current through wires. It's like the pressure in a water pipe that makes water flow.
2. Why is Voltage Important?
The majority of electrical equipment and appliances in the UK & Europe are designed to work optimally at 220 volts. Here in the UK our supply voltage is intended to be 230 volts, but that is rarely what you will receive - UK regulations allow voltages to fluctuate from 207 volts up to 253 volts!
Too much voltage can affect the performance and efficiency of your equipment, and importantly your electricity costs.
3. How Does Voltage Optimisation Work?
In essence, voltage optimization is like having a regulator for your electrical supply, ensuring that it's not too high or too low but just right for your appliances and devices to work at maximum efficiency - it reduces your voltage down to 220 volts, which is the optimum for CE rated equipment. Like tuning a musical instrument; the right voltage makes everything work harmoniously.
4. Benefits of Voltage Optimisation:
- Energy Savings: By keeping the voltage at the right level, you use only the energy you need, reducing wastage.
- Equipment Protection: It helps protect your appliances and devices from wear and tear, extending their lifespan.
- Cost Reduction: Using only the necessary energy means lower electricity bills.
- Reduction of CO2 Emissions: by using less energy you reduce your business carbon footprint.
5. How much can my business save from Voltage Optimisation?
Average savings on business energy bills from voltage optimization are 12-15%, up to a maximum of 19%.
Your exact savings will depend entirely on the incoming voltage being provided to your business from the grid, together with the type of electrical equipment you operate.
Sounds good, what next?
Speak to our experts today, we will prepare an indicative proposal based on your current annual energy consumption and national voltage averages - if you like the look of the suggested savings we will then carry out a free on-site energy survey which will enable us to determine if voltage optimisation can help you, and if so provide you with accurate quote.
Our Voltage Optimisation solutions come with:
- 15 year warranty
- 40+ year life expectancy
- Guaranteed Savings
- Real-time Remote Monitoring